Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 2 and 3

I had a busy day yesterday, so I thought I'd do a double post. Also, I'm absolutely exhausted so this might not be so detailed or informative.

Yesterday's workout, the plyometric cardio circuit, was really really hard. The warmup is really exhausting. I was able to complete it fairly well. Once I got to the actual exercises, I was gone. After the first couple of sets, I was so nauseous that I had to stop the video and go eat something to settle my stomach. I tried to take as short a break as possible to run to the kitchen and eat a small amount of banana and granola. Afterwards, I wasn't as nauseous but I spent a lot of time on the floor or pausing the video until my heart rate returned to a healthy speed. I finished the 42 minute workout in a little under an hour, I FINISHED. For the rest of the day, I couldn't squat down in the least because of the pain in my quads. My back was very sore as well. Getting in and out of a car has never been more difficult. I couldn't imagine being able to safely do a workout the next day.

I woke up this morning even stiffer. I was determined to complete the power and resistance circuit before going to work. To my astonishment, my muscles were able to handle another full workout. Granted, it was very difficult and I did about 1/3 as much as the people on the screen. But I didn't get nauseous, and I didn't have to take more than a couple very short breaks from the video. I followed it well except for the push-ups, which I didn't lower very far or just held in a plank (since Shaun T said I shouldn't compromise form...and I try my best to do what Shaun T says).

The pain that I feel right now is so much worse than yesterday. A single stair is difficult, sitting up from a reclining position is so painful. My legs hurt the most, followed by my abs, back, and arms in that order. I moved far too slowly at work today. I thought, this is what it must feel like to be an old person.

Luckily, I have recovery tomorrow, I'm looking forward to this pain subsiding soon. I'll sleep very well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment