Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome to the INSANITY

It's the beginning of my summer break from college. I have four weeks till a month-long trip to Prague, and then another month and a half till I go off to Los Angeles for the first time. I heard a lot people there are dreamy and buff. I, on the other hand, am a very weak little girl. Like running is among my least favorite activities kind of weak. Like my flexed bicep feels no different from my relaxed bicep kind of weak. Like I can't do a single push-up weak (sorry Shaun T, I'll work on that.)

So I decided I want to be fit and feel good, and look freakin' good to go with it. I want to put my Beyonce freakum dress on and go out on the town in LA feeling confident. I want to be mistaken for a movie star. These are insane thoughts. So is the thought of me doing the INSANITY workout program. But hey, I guess I'm doing that. 

Welcome to my blog that will hopefully (if I get through any workouts) chronicle my experience with BeachBody's INSANITY workout. My plan is to complete the first 28 days of the program before my Prague trip. After the trip, I'll have 40-something days to get back in shape and then complete month 2.  Depending on how this thing works, I might have to do month 1 over again.

If you don't know how the program works, there is a 28 day period of terror and torture, followed by a week of recovery, followed by another 28 days of even worse terror and torture. Alongside this "cardio work" is a not so scary nutrition plan that calls for five 300-400 calorie meals a day. The nutrition plan is presented as a "this type of eating will help you to not drop dead during the program" plan rather than a diet plan. Good looks. I'm ready. I think. Eesh.  

If I can get through this, anyone can. Watch your insanely ripped back Shaun T.

No comments:

Post a Comment